- Modernizing TELEPERM-systems „step-by-step"
- Freedom to choose any modern SCADA system
- Open your plant to a modern data integration and data management
- Easy integratinon, observing and controlling of different automations within the computing structure of your company
- Gateway on a basis of a 19 inch industrial PC
SYNOgate for TELEPERM M
the gateways between TELEPERM M with CS 275 and TCP/IP or OPC
Plant operators in the process industry and energy management need secure and highly reliable automation sytems. Longevity of the implemented systems is also essential to the economic operation of a plant. Process control systems like Siemens TELEPERM M and TELEPERM ME have always been reliable automation systems and are being used all over the world.
Today's control and visualisation systems are increasingly incorporating modern IT technologies into their functionality and operating concepts. The data exchange with other IT systems - like ERP, QM, MES systems - has risen tremendously. It is due to this development, that the lifecycle of SCADA systems is on the decrease. On the other hand, the process-related automation components may continue operating for many more years.
The SYNOGate 300 gateway family opens the process control system TELEPERM M to a variety of modern SCADA systems via standard TCP/IP and OPC interfaces, thus enabling the same access to the TELEPERM automation components like any corresponding OS/IS system. TELEPERM M functions may be extensively used from outside the current (closed) system.
Gateways SYNOgate 300 IP and 300 IP OPC
Our gateways for TELEPERM M/ME with CS275 local bus are certified by Siemens
Select the type of gateway that meets your requirements:
- SYNOGate 300 IP to integrate into a TCP/IP environment using the CS_Open library
- SYNOGate 300 IP OPC to integrate into a well-established OPC standard for an industrial data exchange
SYNO®gate 300 IP: Integration into a TCP/IP environment
The gateway SYNOgate 300 IP - in combination with the OPEN_CS library - offers the following features and advantages to you:
- Simple integration of the gateway into an existing and new automation infrastructure using the CS 275 bus
- Operation and visualisation of the plant using any SCADA computer system via TCP/IP
- Acquisition of any data from the TELEPERM M/ME infrastructure
- Archiving of process data in data management systems like PI (OSIsoft), IP21 (AspenTech), Scalarvis (PSG), ...
- Visualization of process data or processing processes
Reliability and Security:
The SYNOgate 300 offers a smart reliability concept:
- Redundant connection to the CS275 process bus optional
- Function module connection monitoring
- Secure transfer reports and other features
Due to its client/server architecture the SYNOgate 300 IP allows several simultaneous connections to one or more - also different - computer systems (SCADA station, historians, ...).
The OPEN_CS library provides two classes of functions:
1. Functions to control the SYNOgate 300 IP communication
2. Functions that implement all instructions, which are necessary for the communication to the TELEPERM system:
- read parameter
- write parameter
- time synchronisation
- receiving AKS
- receiving BKS
- receiving MKS
- receiving status messages
- receiving text messages
- receiving deletion and monitoring messages
- receiving time messages
The following TELEPERM implementations are supported:
- AS 215, AS 200, 200 EAI, AS 220, AS 220 E/EK, 220 EA, 220 EHF, 220 H,
- AS 220 EAI (AKS, BKS, MKS and status messages only)
- AS 230, 230 K, AS 231, AS 235, 235 K, 235 H
- AS 388, AS 488, MS 236
- AG 150 U, 155 U
SYNO®gate 300 IP OPC: Integration into an OPC environment
TELEPERM M, CS 275 and OPC - well prepared for the future
OPC - the principle:
With the introduction of OPC, an interface standard had been established for the exchange of process data from any automation system to any client computer system - like SCADA, historian or optimisation systems. This standard offers the highest flexibility to the customer in choosing their application systems and computer hardware. OPC stands for "OLE for Process Control" (OLE= Object Linking and Embedding) and has since experienced worldwide support.
An OPC compliant client is able to read/write data from/to a plant automation system via an OPC server - completely independent of the type of process control or process bus system, which is in use at the plant. The client simply informs the OPC server on plant modifications or expansions without the necessity of installing new hard- or software. The traditional concept with hardware specific and and system related interface drivers has been replaced by the enormous flexibility provided by the OPC interface specification.
OPC - your advantages:
SYNOserver OPC in combination with SYNOgate 300 IP provides the TELEPERM M world with OPC-connectivity: any OPC-Client is able to access the features of the process control system. Plants using a TELEPERM M infrastructure, may be easily integrated into the modern IT-environment of your company.
The TELEPERM M System is connected to the OPC-Server through the SYNOgate 300 IP gateway. All communication tasks are performed by one dedicated system - the SYNOgate. Because of this strict separation of OPC server and gateway, any malfunction may easily be detected and resolved.
PSG's Synogate concept has been tried and tested in a large variety of interface applications - even under difficult conditions.
It is due to its exceptional stability, that the SYNOgate has been approved by SIEMENS.
TELEPERM M and PSG's OPC - your benefit:
- simplest integration of a TELEPERM M system into your IT-environment
- manufacturer independent choice of applications
- access to all elements of the TELEPERM M automation system
- no additional hard-/software needed if modifications are performed at the plant
- TELEPERM M specifics have been integrated into the OPC server
- upward compatability of the OPC server releases
- OPC DA releases 1.0.x and 2.0.x supported